Captain Manish Sood
General Manager - Marine
- A seasoned Master Mariner with industry Experience spanning 30 years. With 19 years on-board upto a Master and subsequently last 11 years ashore in various positions.
- Strong analytical, leadership skills. Energetic, self-motivated team player, strong work ethic, positive attitude, adaptable, proactive, and possess the ability to work effectively while mentoring junior staff in a team, cross-cultural environment and / or independently.
- Operating & Maintaining vessels compliant to all applicable Industry regulations & Codes.
- Conducting pre-vetting inspections and then preparing the vessels for SIRE approvals.
- Monitoring the daily correspondence, movements & the activities of vessels allocated.
- Coordinating vessel inspections, compatibility and vetting issues and interface meetings.
- Attend to SIRE, Port state, Flag state and annual inspection.
- Arranging all types of applicable audits & surveys within window periods.
- Assist in planning and implementing dry docking / new ship building / ship repair schedules.
- Monitor the vessels performance at the load / discharge port and ensure smooth operations.
CURRENT & PREVIOUS POSITION
- Present Position DGM (Marine) – Head of Marine Dept.
- Previously worked as Marine Operations & HSEQ Head with Kuala Lumpur based Ship Manager.
- – Earlier as Manager (Supt. – Post fixture Operations) – LPG, Crude & Product Oil Tanker operations for Japanese Ship Managers / Owners based from Tokyo.
- Total professional experience in Shipping Industry – 30 years.
- Work experience Ashore – 11 Years.
- Work experience at Sea – 19 Years.
- B-Tech in Nautical Science from UK Institute
- Date of Birth: 27th September, 1971
- Languages Spoken/Written: English, Hindi, Punjabi
- Nationality: Indian